No gift is too small! Whether you can give $10, $100, $1,000, or any amount in-between, you are a valuable partner in our work. Thank you!
Community Shop Class is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are fully tax deductible. Consider joining the ADHD Inventors Guild, to become a member and support our efforts with a sustaining monthly gift of 49.99/mo!
- $10 – Because every community member matters!
- $20 – Help us replace consumables like glue and sanding pads
- $50 – A seat at one of our classes for someone who cant afford it
- $100 – Buy a new power tool
- $250 – Provide a scholarship for one of our leaners!
- $1,500 – Sponsor our apprenticeship programs
- $5,000 – Build our Leadership and Development Fund – Let’s Keep Growing!
Why support us?
The operational cost of running our programs, and hosting community events, including salaries for hardworking leadership and staff is not fully covered by the participation fees.
To bridge this gap, we work to ensure operating costs can be substantially underwritten by grants, sponsorships, and gifts from individual donors.
We hope to raise $20,000 by the end of December 2023, and seek a community partner willing to match your generous donations.
How to Support Community Shop Class
Community Shop Class is a volunteer-based not-for-profit organization, and we could always use your help! Here are some ways you can support us:
– Volunteer Your Time: Community Shop Class is in need of volunteers to assist on class project days, regular maintenance, event organization. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact us here [FILL OUT CONTEACT FORM BELOW]
– Recommend Eligible Learners: We’re looking for eligible learners to fill our programs. If you or someone you know is interested in a technical career path, learn more or reach out to us here [FILL OUT CONTACT FORM BELOW].
– Become a Member: Shop Class relies on membership, and our community support to keep our shop fun, running, and available to learners full time! If you’d like to join our ADHD Inventors Guild, please follow this link.
– Donate Supplies: If you have tools or consumables in good condition, consider donating them to the tool library at Community Shop Class. Items such as sandpaper, wood glue, hardware, power-tool batteries, and replacement blades are highly welcomed!
– Contribute Money: Shop Class uses donations to offset the cost of running training programs, compensate certain internships, and purchase materials. If you’d like to donate funds to Community Shop Class, please follow this link.
RECCOMEND LEARNERS OR SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER BY FILLING OUR THIS FORM:
The Philosophy of Good-Neighborism
At Community Shop Class, we seek to educate the community with inclusivity, safety, and equal representation at the front of our focus. We believe that that workshop should be a safe space for the community to come together, not only to utilize our training programs and tool facilities but also as a social space to be humans together. Community Shop Class has provided open mic for the neighborhood musical talent and community listening sessions so that the voices of Oak Park have a place to be heard.
All of this, we believe, encapsulates our guiding philosophy of Good-Neighborism. Community Shop Class seeks to be a good neighbor, not only to the other businesses on our block, but to the people that make up our neighborhood. Following the philosophy of the timeless Mr. Rodgers, Community Shop Class is a place of love and respect for those of any age who want to learn and grow.
our community partners
support us + get the benefits
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY
CONTACT US + COME VISIT
Please feel free to reach out, ask questions, email us, and come visit our wonderful on-site location in the heart of Oak Park!
Tuesday 9 tp 7 PM
Wednesday 9 to 5 PM
Thursday 9 to 5 PM
Friday 9 to 5 PM
Saturday 10 to 5 PM
+1 916 690 5635
3818 STOCKTON BLVD